Styria is on the rails: Having big system providers, highly qualified niche specialists and research institutions leading worldwide, the competence field of rail systems has been an industry growing dynamically for many years. ACstyria brings together partner companies in terms of the priorities of rolling stock, track and signaling. The economic priorities are those of precision processing of components, production of bogies, lightweight construction & connecting technology as well as (micro-) electronics & software.
Special features of Styrian railway industry:
– supplier industry: from Tier 1 to the manufacturer of parts;
– 3 main product groups: rolling stock, track and signaling;
– world market leader in partial areas, e.g. head hardened long rails, turnout systems, bogies, material competencies, diagnostics and maintenance;
– research and development hotspot for materials and lightweight construction, track access charge/interoperability, etc.
– large range of university and extra-university research and training institutions: Joanneum Research, FH Joanneum (FH = Fachhochschule = University of Applied Sciences), Montanuniversität Leoben (Leoben University), TU Graz (Graz University of Technology), Virtual Vehicle, Universität Graz (Graz University);
– high synergy potential with the Styrian automotive and aerospace industries